In busy or high stress times it is important to focus on the things that really matter, and some of the greatest lessons in how to think and behave effectively come from ages past. These 6 little lessons transcend. Why reinvent the chariot wheel!
• "Become immune from distractions. Pay attention to nothing, except the truth."
• "No random actions, none not based on underlying principles."
• "Things have no hold on the soul. They stand there unmoving, outside it. Disturbance comes only from within - from our own perceptions."
• “Nothing that goes on in anyone else's mind can harm you. Nor can the shifts and changes in the world around you. --- Then what harm is to be found? ... In your capacity to see it. You need to realize that what happens to everyone - bad and good alike - is neither good nor bad.”
• “Be like the rock that the waves keep crashing over. It stands unmoved and the raging sea falls still around it.”
• “Keep in mind how fast things pass by and are gone–those that are now and those to come. Existence flows past us like a river: the ‘what’ is in constant flux, the ‘why’ has a thousand variations. Nothing is stable, not even what’s right here. The infinity of past and future gapes before us—a chasm whose depths we cannot see.”
Robbie Duncanson and the Pendleton team!